Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday night notes

RHP Sam Dyson hit 97-mph on Wednesday, the hardest pitch thrown by a Fisher Cat all season. RHP Chad Jenkins (disabled list) will throw one more bullpen session and likely return to the starting rotation. Said his arm felt great after yesterday's 'pen. What was the issue? "Probably just me freaking out. I was a little extra sore after one start and got a little nervous. I guess I just needed some rest," Jenkins said ... Switch-hitter Mike McDade homered from both sides of the plate in Wednesday's doubleheader. That was an ugly day for the Fisher Cats, swept by Portland. The Fisher Cats could have won the first game but somehow John Tolisano didn't score from first base (with two outs) on a high fly ball to CF that surprisingly dropped. McDade walzed into second base for a double. Tolisano only made it to third. Sal Fasano on the play: "He was running hard. It wasn't really high enough to get from first to home. By the time it dropped and bounced right into the center fielder's hands, John was just getting to third. It was a tough one because it was only a 150-foot throw by that time. We made more mistakes early in the game."


Brian Bocock was thrown at home plate after Fasano got too aggressive in the third-base coaching box. "With Bocock, I probably should have held him. And (Brad) Glenn not scoring on a ball hit off the wall by (Brian) Jeroloman. A lot of things could have gone better. Bad first game," Fasano said after the 7-6 loss to Portland ... Fasano has done a poor job managing and motivating this team. I've never seen so many Fisher Cats not run hard to first base on routine grounders and pop fly balls. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its not my first time to pay a visit this site, i am visiting this website dailly and
get good facts from here every day.

My web-site :: Download IDM

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn.
That is a really neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and
come back to read extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post.
I'll certainly comeback.

Feel free to visit my web page; skutecznosc leku kamagra

Anonymous said...

http://gcskorea.org/simple-advice-for-anyone-who-wants-to-learn-about-vitamins-and-minerals